ROCKVILLE, Md (August 28, 2017) – Constructech Magazine held the 2017 Constructech Vision Award Ceremony in San Mateo, California, on August 24, 2017. The program acknowledged the achievements of construction companies that leverage innovative technology to solve on-site challenges and improve their services.
The 19th award ceremony that served as the finale to Constructech’s Technology Day 2017 attracted a variety of attendees eager to celebrate each winner’s desire to remain competitive in the market and drive new innovations that will be integral to them now and well into future.
“To be recognized as one of the top specialty contractors driving technology innovation in Plumbing and HVAC is a great accomplishment. Shapiro & Duncan supports our mission of continual improvement and self-initiated change to provide the highest level of service to our clients. We have worked tirelessly to improve our performance by investing in innovative technology for decades,” said Vice President of Business Development Mark Drury.
Shapiro & Duncan’s award-winning collaborative processes include:
- The use of BIM (Building Information Modeling) on 100 percent of our projects.
- Estimating software which provides a total bid management system as well as digital quantified takeoff of all materials and equipment. This tool provides complete material lists and quantified budgets for labor hours and materials required by task for our construction teams to use as a baseline for productivity and tracking.
- Fieldman which tracks productivity rates and goals and provides Short Interval Planners used in the field to give two week look aheads in order to meet schedule goals
- Fabman which is used to work from spool drawings developed to set and track productivity for our prefabrication teams
- Total Station, a digital GPS surveying tool which works off our CAD program. We use this valuable tool to layout all of our sleeves, anchors and imbeds in concrete formwork prior to the placement of the concrete. Also used for layout of equipment and for setting pipe hangers to the proper pre-coordinated elevations.
- FabPro 1 used to provide total transparency, accountability and scheduling ability in our fabrication facility.
- IPads and 42” LED TVs that bring our Fabrication Facility into the paperless world replacing excel spreadsheets.
For more information, visit Shapiro & Duncan.